Robert T. Basha
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
US Army, Field Artillery. HHB, 8th Infantry Division, Germany
Jan 5, 1936
Jun 27, 1978
He was a passenger on an Army aircraft that was flying from the unit's barracks at Baumholder, Federal Republic of Germany to the Army training grounds at Grafenwoehr, when it lost its tail rotor and crashed in a garden on the edge of a sugarbeet field near Unteralterheim, Germany.
Saint Paul's Lutheran Church Cemetery, Mount Pleasant, SC
Additional InformationExtracts from Individual Deceased Personnel File
- Briefing, preparation and arrangements conducted by the Memorial Affairs Office At Dover Air Force Base were outstanding in every reguard.
- Travel from Dover AFB to Charleston was in accordance with travel itinerary and was without incident.
- Body was transported by plane to McAlister Funeral Home in Charleston.
- Casket was received by McAllister Funeral Home in Charleston without any damage.
- Funeral services and interment were military and dignified.